Sunday 25 March 2018

Reawakening the Holy Spirit

There is absolutely no situation in our lives that God is not aware of. He not only knew the situations were coming but He also knows how they end. He pours out His grace so that we can be overcomers not because of who we are but because of who He is

Source: My Daily Inspiration Bible Verses
As I look back on last year I think how great and awesome our Heavenly Father is. I come with eager expectation of what things He has in store for us as 2018 continues to unfold. I am sure that everyone who is reading this will be thinking of the blessings and the challenges they have faced during the past twelve months. Maybe some have had a year of the Lord’s favour upon them and are running into 2018 full of anticipation. Others maybe have felt that as one calamity came to an end another one began and are approaching this Year with a sense of trepidation!! I pray that whichever category you fall in, your delight would still be in the Lord; 1 John 5:14-15 ‘This is the confidence we have in approaching God, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we asked of Him’.

At a gathering on New Year’s Eve somebody at the table asked me what my particular highlight of 2017 was. I asked the person to come back to me while I pondered on the question whilst the other people around the table were asked the same question. Listening to the responses around the table I realised that even as a body of Christians our delights and highlights are not triggered by the same incidents or circumstances as each other and our reactions and responses are also very different. I was impacted by the thought that this is why each one of us are intricately and wonderfully made, to better reflect the myriad of gifts and talents and facets the Lord has blessed us with. My answer to the question is a personal one. My blessing came through God hearing my plea for somebody else and God made a way where there seemed to be no way. This however, is somebody else’s testimony to share not mine. But if you are in a situation that you think no-one or nothing can change, hand it over to God and see what He can do.

Source: PInterest
The challenge I set myself for 2018 is that I will be determined to be attentive to His call, be steadfast in my walk and live a life that reflects the beauty of the Holy Spirit within, even when the ugliness of this World crowds in and tries to knock me of course I will simply lift my head and ask for God’s grace and help to walk in the calling and destiny He has for my life; Psalm 23:1-3 ‘The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake’. At our church, we as a body of believers are convinced that change is coming and that God is on the move. We are praying that we will be steadfast when the way ahead seems unfamiliar and in uncharted waters. There is absolutely no situation in our lives that God is not aware of. He not only knew the situations were coming but He also knows how they end. He pours out His grace so that we can be overcomers not because of who we are but because of who He is. 2 Corinthians 12:9 ‘But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness’.

If you are reading this today and some of the passion you had has ebbed away and you feel like a failure, ask God to bring back to your memory the times and places that you were filled with the Holy Spirit and ask Him to reawaken you. This doesn’t have to happen in a big meeting it can be quietly in your own home, but don’t pass up the opportunity. Lamentations 3:22-26 ‘Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD’.

Every blessing.


Author: Lyn Hunt

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

5 comments:

  1. It is always a comfort to know that God is with us in all situations and that we can hand over things and let God deal with them. As the article tells us, we might think that we are in a dark valley where there appears to be no way out however, God can always find a way out for us. The scripture in Lamentations sums up God's amazing love for us; 'Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness' Thank you for this wonderful blessing. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear sister in Christ for taking the time to write this Blog and bless the Bride of Christ.
    "........my power is made perfect in weakness" Praise God.
    What came to mind when reading this Blog was to "be still" and know that right in the middle of the storm God has got it all under control and as the Blog says God knows the beginning and he knows the end, we just have to trust his Majesty.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't know what the future holds but we do know who holds our future. This blog reminds me that we need to trust God at all times and in all situations. The word of God is our instruction manual and as we turn to it in times of trouble or weakness we can find strength and courage as the scripture in the blog says in 2 Corinthians 12:9 ‘But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness’. Let's keep our eyes fixed on Jesus on every step of our journey with Him. Thank you for writing this encouraging blog. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for this article this morning , its going to help all of us to think about what God has done for us this past year , as we reflect or read our journals where we have kept an account of what our Lord has been teaching us , we can see how his tender mercies are new every morning and how faithful God has been in keeping us on the right path and guiding us . God is preparing us all for eternity, and makes all things new in his time . God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you for this article. It is good to be reminded to ponder on the lord and to,fan int flames the Holy Spirit within you. Thank you for this timely encouragement x

    ReplyDelete