Sunday 28 August 2016

Nothing on earth satisfies

We came into this world with nothing and we will leave with nothing. Every single thing that we have is a blessing from God.

Source: bible-quote.deviantart.com
Recently at our church we received a number of teachings on ‘the meaning of life  (beginnings and ends)’. These teachings can be accessed via this link to our website (MCF Message Online). God blessed me in these teaching to learn that the purpose of my life on earth is to Glorify God and that I will be spending my life in all eternity giving Glory to his Majesty.  These teachings really spoke to me. It was hard to stop myself from shouting out ‘Amen’ to almost every word from the Pastor’s mouth as he obediently spoke out God’s Words from the pulpit.

I am a married woman of 30 years to a man whom I love, I have a lovely daughter and a wonderful son and I must not forget my adorable but somewhat challenging dog. However even with all of these most amazing blessings from God I know in my heart that outside of God, my life has no meaning. Some scriptures that comes to mind as I try to explain what I mean are 1 Timothy 6:7 ‘for we brought nothing into the world and we can take nothing out of it’ and Genesis 3:19 ‘…. For you are dust and to dust you shall return….’. This tells me that we came into this world with nothing and we will leave with nothing. Every single thing that we have is a blessing from God.

Source: www.theflowingwell.com
The book of Ecclesiastes is a book in the Old Testament that tries to spare future generations the misery of seeking foolish, meaningless, materialistic emptiness and to discover truth in searching after God; Ecclesiastes 12:13 ‘…have reverence for God and obey his commands, because this is all that human beings were created for…’. Nothing on this earth will ever satisfy, no relationship, no holiday, no car, no money, no house, absolutely nothing. The deepest longing within my soul is to seek God and I cannot be satisfied with anything else. That is not to say that my heart is truly overwhelmed with gratitude to God for all the amazing blessings and miracles that have been provided in my life. So I asked God ‘what does my life actually mean?’, because His Word tells us that He has a plan and purpose for every single human life; Jeremiah 29:11 ‘For I know the plans I have for you’, says the LORD. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope’. The answer I was searching for was given to me in the meaning of life teachings as discussed earlier. My life is to Glorify God, to bow down and worship the King of Kings for all eternity, Amen.

I then asked God ‘how do I glorify you with my life?’ The answer I believe I received was really simple, His voice just gently whispered, ‘by loving me’. ‘What does that mean I thought?’ and then another answer came.  ‘Tina you need to be free to allow the love and adoration you feel for me to spill over into every single area of your life. For your life to be a Blessing to others in all things, as a wife, a mother, an aunt, a daughter, a cousin, a friend, a sister, in your job, when you go to the shop, when you walk the dog, when you are cooking, cleaning, ironing’, the list seemed endless.

I am saved by God’s amazing wonderful grace. Praise God. I am going to spent all eternity worshipping the King of Kings, He has set me free, the prison door has been thrown open, my name is written in the book of life, how can I not but shout with joy as l tell the whole world the good news. This is how my life will glorify God, by bringing God’s heavenly kingdom here on earth, Amen.

Our Church is currently studying the Fruit of the Spirit; Galatians 5:22-23 ‘But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law’These teachings are also available on our website (MCF Message Online). God is teaching us in these studies to keep in step with the Holy Spirit so that He can guide us. We must always be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks the reason for our joy and our hope; we must do this with gentleness, love and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 ‘But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect’.

My prayer for my life to God is; 'God I love you with every single beat of my heart, I love you with every breath that I breathe, you are the most amazing Abba Father, thank you for the sacrifice of your beloved Son Jesus Christ, thank you for the gift of the blessed Holy Spirit who helps to strengthen and support me in all things. Please help me to always come in the name of the Lord and be a true ambassador for your son Jesus.  Wherever I am help me to always share your love with everyone, help me to have a servant’s heart like your son Jesus and help me to be a blessing to others. Life is a pilgrimage and as I travel through it, it is my greatest heart’s desire to bless you Abba Father as you are always blessing me. Thank you Father God. ‘I love you so much.

Luke 1:74-75 ‘…..enable us to serve him without fear in holiness and righteousness before him all our days’. Amen.


Author: Christina O’Neill

May God bless and enrich your life


Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful message. Things of this world are provided to us by God but we must remember that they are temporary and that God has greater riches waiting for us in heaven. Matthew 6:19-20 'Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal, But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina for reminding us that it's Our daily lives and how we are with each other that we demonstrate our love for the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently watched a film about Abraham ,While I was reading this blog it brought to mind a scene in the film when a close friend of Abrahams pointed out to him that he could see the riches God given him didn't really mean that much to him? God was so much on his heart that his God transcended everything in this world , There was a smile of peace and contentment on Abrahams face in agreement ,Also Solomon who lost his heart to the things of this world after walking closely with God , Lamented greatly? at the end of his life (vanity all was vanity) encouraging and heart warming well done sister x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you Tina for a much needed and encouraging words today which reminds us that we should set our on heavenly things and not on earthly things thanks God for all he has provided for us we give him praise and glory.But our desire should be to Love and serve him all the days of our lives and glorified him throughout eternity amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this article it is an ecouragement to run the race to the end, to trust in the grace and might of God and to understand that we exist for one reason only, and that is to Glorify God in every area of our lives, with all our heart, mind, soul, spirit and strength. And know that He has given us everything we need to do that. If not Jesus then who? If not His way then who's? Bless you and keep your eyes fixed on Jesus the author and perfector of your faith. Amen

    ReplyDelete