Sunday 17 June 2018

In my Weakness God’s Strength is made Perfect

….my love of the Bible has never been greater. I am not arty at all but when I read the bible (in my more mature years) I find enlightenment, excitement, vibrancy, and contentment.

Source: PInterest
When I realised my blog deadline was approaching I was really keen to do a love song/poem to God. This is very similar to a Psalm except not so well written and not necessarily inspired by God, therefore the power that ensues is lost because the words would be mine and might tickle the readers ears but would not change their life forever. These thoughts turned my mind back to my teenage years where I was an avid reader. Some of the reason for this was that it was my way of escaping or hiding from areas in my life that I preferred not to think about or ponder on. This pattern continued into my early years of marriage when the librarian said I spent nearly as much time in the library as they did. The only criteria I had was that I would only read books that I couldn't put down until I had finished them. At this point I enrolled in a Nursery Nurse course where I had to study many subjects, one of which was psychology. Whilst I found the subject quite interesting a lot of it seemed ‘weird’, ‘biased’ and much of it I just didn't accept or agree with. Unfortunately, my dislike and unacceptance of the text grew to the point that with gritted teeth I only read the text in order to pass the course and my love of books and literary things came to an abrupt end. For the next few years the only book I read was the Bible and looking back sometimes I read it under duress and much like the set homework it was a means to an end.

Unfortunately, my love of books has never returned.  However, my love of the Bible has never been greater. I am not arty at all but when I read the bible (in my more mature years) I find enlightenment, excitement, vibrancy, and contentment. My encouragement to you today is that if your Bible is gathering dust through lack of use, shake it off and reimmerse yourself in the best-selling book in the World. You will not be disappointed. Philippians 1:9-11 tells us; ‘And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God’. In today's complex, complicated and dysfunctional World we need to know the Word of God deep within our hearts so that we will not be ashamed on the day of judgement. As a church some of us read three chapters of the Bible each day and this is such a blessing that we are all reading the same scriptures at the same time. Maybe today is the time for you to make a commitment to dedicate time in God’s Word and His Presence?

Source: Divine Walls
Just like me, perhaps your love of someone or something has been eroded by the cares and worries of this world. Maybe you have been backed into a corner where you feel you have been made to do something against your will which has made you put up a wall or a defence mechanism which is very hard to overcome. It may even be that you feel angry towards God for all the hurts and wounds that have been inflicted upon you, and struggle to come to terms with the twists and turns in your life. Be assured of one thing there is absolutely nothing that God cannot help you overcome if you just give Him the chance. Philippians 1:6 ‘Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus’.

I have been a Christian for 37 years and there have been many situations where I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit and known that I was a beloved Child of God. Even now as I write this blog I am facing something which the World would consider devastating news. I however see it as an opportunity to live out my faith with courage and boldness clinging on to my Saviour and Lord who is my Rock and Redeemer and indeed the perfecter of my faith. I have no strength of my own but know that in my weakness God’s strength is made perfect. I may not know what my future holds but I know without a single doubt who holds my future. As I write this blog, the scripture we have been given over and over again in our church is 2 Chronicles 7:14 ‘If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land’. May we all be obedient and turn to God’s Word.

Every blessing.


Author: Lyn Hunt

May God bless and enrich your life
    
Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

5 comments:

  1. The scripture from 2 Chronicles at the end of the blog is powerful, but first it requires action from the body of Christ for it to be truly realised. If we have the Word of God deeply embedded into our hearts then we can allow the Holy Spirit to work in us in all situations, we can humble ourselves because God is greater than any circumstance. We should stop trying to do things our way and humble and surrender everything to Him who is Greater. We should be still and know that He is God. Thank you for this blessing this morning. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear sister in Christ for Blessing the body of Christ with todays Blog.
    "ALL the Glory to God always"
    As the song says "By the power of your love...."
    May God help us by the power of the Holy Spirit to truly humble ourselves (Chron 7-14)
    The Bible is the most exciting book ever.
    For all the readers of this blog please join with us and read the same three chapters of the Bible every day, todays chapters are proverbs 10, 11 and 12.
    (the chapters are updated on the website every day).
    Imagine the power of God at work as we read the same chapters of the Bible around the whole world, praise God.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear sister for this inspiring blog . I myself found Jesus Christ hidden in between the words of our holy scriptures when I was very young? . Yes I agree very much with you how being born again with the Spirit of God gets us through the great and small challenges of life? .
    God will heal us from past hurts and deep wounds of the past to equip us to better serve him , and prepare us all for Eternity in the fullness of time
    PSALM 119:105
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bible is not only the Word of God, it is God's very Word spoken to us. The Bible tells us in John 1:1 that 'In the beginning was the Word, and the the Word was with God, and the Word was God'. That's why it's the most powerful book known to man and why we as Christians should not neglect it. I pray that nothing will dampen our desire to read it and learn from it. That through it we the church will once again understand and walk in the fear of the Lord. As the Word says 'The fear of the Lord-that is wisdom'(Job 28:28). Thank you for this encouraging blog may we hear what God is saying to us through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your thoughts feelings and emotions about how you feel reading the Bible the words of God which gives us wisdom and knowledge of God our father and also strength to help us on our Christian journey may the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all Amen

    ReplyDelete