Sunday 15 July 2018

For many are invited, but few are chosen

‘…we really have no idea when God may call us home and how absolutely crucial it is that we are ready with the oil in our lamps.’

Source: PInterest
On Saturday 12th May I was in the spare room of my house having a clear out when I happened to glance at a spreadsheet on the wall. I noticed on the sheet that my daughter's MOT for her car was due on the 8th May. I was confident that she would have sorted getting her car through the MOT on time, but just in case I sent her a text message to check. Praise God I did because my daughter said that she had forgotten all about it.

As a matter of urgency, the car was booked in for the MOT on the Monday. After doing an initial inspection of the car the man from the garage tried to get in contact with my daughter, however because she was at work he was not successful, so he phoned me instead. His tone of voice suggested that he was angry and he told me that my daughter was lucky to be alive and that the car was extremely unsafe to drive, he went onto tell me that a spring that was crucial for the steering of the car was hanging on by a thread. The MOT report came back with ‘failed’ written on it and in large bold writing it stated; ‘Repair Immediately (Major Defect)’. When I spoke face to face with the Garage man he could not stress enough how unsafe and dangerous the car was. My husband and I cried out to God with thanks in our hearts, we thanked Him for His hand of favor over our daughter’s life and that this was not her time to leave earth and that her car was not involved in an accident that could have potentially hurt many other innocent lives as well as herself.

Source: Facebook
It made me think that we really have no idea when God may call us home and how absolutely crucial it is that we are ready with oil in our lamps. It also made me think of my family, friends and neighbours who have not claimed Jesus as their Lord and Saviour and all the many people I know who are Christian’s but are back-sliden. If they were to be taken from the earth today, maybe at this very moment, then they may have lost their opportunity to fill up their lamps with oil and with it their external salvation.

As a result of the experience with my daughter I invited many family and friends to a church service. My prayer was that if they attended a service that the Holy Spirit would convict them. I was unsure about how many people would respond to the invite so my husband and I made enough food to feed an army. On the day of the service I was saddened when not a single person who I invited attended the service. I asked God why had no one responded to the invitation and He led me to the parable of the wedding banquet in Matthew 22:1-10 where the guests refused to come. Matthew 22:14 goes on to say; ‘For many are invited, but few are chosen’. I was particularly upset that my Son did not accept the invitation and when I asked God ‘why did he did not attend’ He Blessed me with 1 Timothy 6:15 ‘which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords’.

God is in control and His ways and timings are perfect in all things and I Praise God with all my heart that it was not the right time for my daughter to be in a fatal car accident and it was also not the right time for my son to be in service. I can hear my Abba father’s gentle voice saying to me; ‘stop trying to control things Tina and trust in me’.

God please help me to ‘Be still and know that you are God’ (Psalm 46:10)

Isaiah 60:22 ‘The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation. I am the LORD; in its time, I will do this swiftly’.

Be blessed.

Author: Christina O’Neill

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

3 comments:

  1. I always feel quite sad when I read the parable of the wedding feast. You could say that we have the whole of our life on earth to accept the invitation to the wedding feast however as the scripture in Matthew tells us 'For many are invited, but few are chosen’. I pray Jesus into the hearts of those who do not know Jesus so that they will see the amazing opportunity they have to spend eternity with Him, before it is too late. May the love of Jesus penetrate into the hearts of those who do not know Him so that they can look forward to the wedding feast. Thank you for this blessing this morning. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing Testimony and an urgent reminder for all of us about our own mortality . God alone knows what tomorrow brings . This blog will bless everyone who reads it . May the Lord always encourage you to keep pressing on in the storms of life towards your Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ .
    Galatians 6:9
    And let us not grow weary of doing good , for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up
    God bless you dear sister in Christ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding us that God is in control and his timing is perfect most of the time it is is inpatient but we must trust God because He is all the knowing Almighty just let us put our hope in Him and all will well with us may the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all Amen

    ReplyDelete