Saturday 28 October 2023

Pray without ceasing

When two of you get together on anything and make a prayer of it, our Father in heaven goes into action

worldchallenge.org
In current world events it's all the more apparent that we should wholeheartedly be in constant daily communication by talking/praising/praying to our Father God as it was for this purpose He made us. 

When we pray God works. Everything about prayer/talking to God is truly amazing.

God listens when we pray. Mark 11:24 says, "therefore I say to you whatever things you ask, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."

As redeemed people we have the greatest privilege imaginable - access to the control centre of the universe, (creator - God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, Genesis 1:26) yet we rarely use it as we should, and our lack of prayer saddens God. Through the prophet Ezekiel God lamented Ezekiel 22:30 "So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall and stand in the gap before me on behalf of the land that I should not destroy it, but I found no one."

In Genesis 18:22 when Abraham heard that Sodom and Gomorrah were going to be destroyed, he did not rush to warn the people of the cities. No he chose to (remain) standing before the Lord. So are we today intentionally standing before the Lord for our nation and others.

Exodus 32:7-14 when God said the golden calf warranted a nationwide death penalty for Israel, Moses interceded and stood before God and saved the nation.    

biblepic.com
Psalms 106:29-31 They provoked him (God) to anger with their deeds and the plague broke out among them an obscure priest by the name of Phinehas stood up and intervened before God and the plague was stopped and that was accounted to him for righteousness to all generation forevermore.

Why should we place such a premium on prayer? Simple, because when we pray, God works, scripture attaches breathtaking power to prayer. When two of you get together on anything and make a prayer of it, our Father in heaven goes into action, according to Matthew 18:19-20.

God places prayer as a priority in our Christian walk. Pray without ceasing, pray continually in everything with prayer and supplication. Pray in the spirit at all times, pray with gratitude and thanksgiving

I recently went to hospital to have a hip replacement. I can tell you that I felt so assured and confident going through the operation knowing my family, brothers and sisters in the Lord were praying for me. I remember walking to the theatre with a nurse on my left side, and the words that came to me was in Isaiah 41:13 "For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand saying to you fear not I will help you". All went well according to His will and purpose.  

The first thing I remember seeing when I woke up, was a clock, which reminded me that our time is in God's hands.  

Let us remember God doesn't move by our eloquence, or multiplicity of our words.  He's moved by a heart that tells Him of all our concerns of the day to the power of a God who can. Can what? Can do whatever we have the faith to believe Him for.  Mark 11:24 (nkjv) Jesus - therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray believe that you receive them and you will have them. Our confidence in prayer is not only based on our ability to speak, but on God who is the great "I am". He knows what you are trying to say. We either daily pray/talk to God, or continue/hold on to worrying. What we give to God He handles what we keep we handle.

Spiritually when everything is going out and nothing coming in we collapse under the weight of it all. Is that where you are today? If so prayer is the answer, it restores what life depletes, when we pray we are saying Lord, I believe you're more able to deal with this, than I can, and I trust you and put everything in your hands.  When we pray that way, the surgery you dread, your children, your finances and anything that concerns you are in his hands. God is ready to intervene on our behalf. Just pray from your heart, Psalm 37:5 commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass. May the Lord bless you and give you His peace.



Author: Herbert Jean

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment