Sunday 11 November 2018

God Pursues Us

Because of God’s very nature, which is love, He seeks to have a relationship with us for His Glory. We cannot earn God’s favour and love, He comes, He pursues us, and He offers it to us.

Source: PInterest
When I first became a Christian, I looked back over my former life from when I was a young child and realized that God had always been pursuing me. I recalled all the people that God had put in my path who had filled my heart and mind with stories from the bible and especially the love of Jesus and His creation. I reflected on encounters I had with the Holy Spirit and God’s supernatural protection from potentially dangerous situations I sometimes found myself in during my lifetime. The realization that God was always drawing me to Him and pursuing me just blew me away; Psalm 139:7-10 ‘Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast’.

This made me think about whether God would also pursue ‘bad’ people; ‘why would God want to hang out with bad people and would He still pursue them as well’?  The answer I got was a definite yes, He certainly will pursue them because God longs to extend His Mercy to all. No one is perfect, not even Christians, and if they tell you that they are perfect they are deceiving themselves because the bible tells us; Romans 3:23 ‘for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God’ and 1 John 1:8 ‘If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us’. The bible is full of imperfect people. Moses and King David for example, were considered pillars of faith and although both sinned, they both had a close relationship with God.  Perfection has never been a prior condition to hang out with God, only a desire to meet and to know him. No man is capable of being perfect, only Jesus Christ can claim this, however we can try with all our heart to follow Jesus’s example and be His hands and feet in a dying World; John 8:12 ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life’. The light has come into the world and people who do evil things will be judged guilty if they love the dark more than the light. People who do evil hate the light and won’t come to the light because it clearly shows what they have done!  However, everyone who lives by truth will come to the light because they want others to know that God is really the one doing what they do. God wants to pursue us and to rescue us from the darkness. Isaiah 9:2 ‘The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned’.

Source: Quotes
As well as God pursuing us, He also desires our company and wants us to actively pursue Him. We often read about how ‘someone found God’, usually after a life event that caused them to reflect on things, but what they may not realise is that it was God who was pursuing them all along. Because of God’s very nature, which is love, He seeks to have a relationship with us for His Glory. We cannot earn God’s favour and love, He comes, He pursues us, and He offers it to us. God offers peace for those who have faith in Jesus Christ, His pursuit is not hectic as in the heat of battle, but it is gentle and peaceful. He speaks to us through His Word, the Holy Bible and when we accept His peaceful offer of a relationship, we will hear His still small voice; 1 Kings 19:11-13 ‘The LORD said, ‘Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by’. Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, ‘What are you doing here, Elijah?’

Some final thoughts; there may be times when we feel very alone in this world, however these are the very times we should rest in the assurance that God is constantly pursuing us. In fact, He loves us so much that He gave us the most precious gift of all. He sacrificed His only begotten son to pay our sin debt. Jesus grew into a man and never sinned, not even once. It was because He was completely free from sin that He willingly gave His life for our own. Once we understand and believe what Jesus did for us it becomes personal and no matter how far away, we fall from Him, God still loves us and pursues us!!

I pray that if you are looking for answers in your life right now that you consider that perhaps our wonderful Heavenly Father is pursuing you and drawing you to Him. Amen

May God bless you all.


Author: Anonymous

May God bless and enrich your life   

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

4 comments:

  1. The fact that God is constantly pursuing us is a comforting thought and a reminder that He is with us in every situation. God promises to never leave us nor forsake us and that promise stands no matter how far away from Him we think we may be. God will always pursue us to invite and bring us back to Him. Thank you for this blessing this morning. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a thought God Almighty the creator of all the world is pursuing me and you, just mind blowing. Who am I that you are mindful of me?????
    I am rendered speechless "Thank you God Almighty, Abba Father for loving me"
    Thank you to the physical author of the blog for taking the time to Bless the Body of Christ and for allowing God to work through you.
    ALL the Glory to God ALWAYS.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for the blog today which reminds us how God Pursues us because he promised he will never leave us we did seek him but he Pursues us. Thanks for those who love and encourage us on our journey with Jesus Christ may the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. i pray we will all actively pursue God , who also delights in pursuing us . We have a great God who's love we cannot fully comprehend or fully understand , a GOD who sent his son to die on a wooden cross for us to be finally reconciled to Him , we owe God so much?? we owe him our life .

    ReplyDelete