Sunday 4 August 2019

Faith is infinitely more valuable than gold

 God is just amazing and he always answers prayer. The answers may not always come in the way we want but we just have to trust that God is always working things out for the good of everyone. Amen.

 Psalm 107:28 Then they cried to the lord in their distress and he delivered them.

 I would like to share a couple of short but very powerful testimonies about the power of prayer.

 About 10 years ago I dropped something off at my brother’s house.  My sister in law opened the door and we chatted for about 10 minutes. When I left I pulled my car over and I prayed to God because I felt something was wrong. The Lord said to me to go back and ask her if she was okay. I said to God that I felt a little uncomfortable knocking the door after I had only just left there. But God insisted and said “go back’. I went back and when my sister in law opened the door I felt a little embarrassed and just said ‘have you been praying about something?’ My sister in law burst into tears and took from her pockets evidence of desperate prayers. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that in 30 minutes bailiff’s were coming to her house and she had to have a certain amount of money ready for them and her husband (my brother) did not know about the debt they were in.  My daughter and myself went to the bank and by God’s wonderful Grace and provision we raised enough funds to cover what the bailiff’s were asking for, praise God. When we took it back to her she cried harder than the first visit and she worshipped God right there and then. On the evening she told her husband all about it because of God’s goodness she did not want to be dishonest and her husband was really understanding and a few months later they got themselves back on track financially.  To God be all the Glory Amen.

 The second testimony about the power of prayer also took place about 10 years ago when my daughter was 19 years old. My daughter had just purchased a £900 car, which was a HUGE sum of money to her at that time. She loved her car and gave God all the Praise and Glory for His wonderful provision.  My daughter had the car just a few days when she went to the pub to pick her cousin up. To my daughter’s horror, when they came out of the pub her car had been set on fire and was ablaze. My daughter immediately phoned me really upset and she said as soon as she put the phone down she prayed and while she was still in prayer about 20 young lads came out of the pub and risked their lives to put the fire out. 

 The car was cosmetically damaged but could still be driven with the windows down as they where completely blacked out from the fire. That night my daughter prayed and she asked God, ‘what am I to learn from this?’ She never once asked God ‘why’ she just accepted the situation and even though she was upset she still had peace, Praise God. The next morning her uncle came down and went to the scrap yard with her father to try to repair the damage, they managed to get rear seats that where a different colour and seat belts and all the other things that were needed. The bill by God’s amazing grace was only £80. By 12pm the car was ready to drive even though it did still smell of fire damage. Then, shortly after 12pm my daughter got a phone call from her cousin, the one she had picked up the night before, informing her that someone in the pub knew the gang of youths that set the car on fire and one of them was a relative to my daughter’s cousin’s boyfriend. By 2pm (less than 24 hours since the incident) my daughter’s CD player and all her CD’s (that had been stolen) where returned to her and she was offered whatever sum of money to rectify the damage that had been caused. My daughter said that the bill was £80 just the amount she had paid.

 My daughter believes the lesson was not for her but for the gang that had set the car on fire. By God’s Grace and mercy they were given a fair chance because my daughter loves God and so showed them amazing compassion and mercy even though they had set fire to her beloved car for no other reason than just pure vandalism. Only God knows what seed He has sown by the power of the Holy Spirit living in my daughter by God’s Grace. Amen.

 God is just amazing and he always answers prayer. It may not always come in the way we want but we just have to trust that God is always working things out for the good of everyone. I have been praying every single day for the last 21 years for reconciliation for my brother and his 3 children but as yet that has not happened but I know with all my heart God has it all in hand. 

 1 Peter:6-7 ‘At present you may be temporarily harassed by all kinds of trails. This is no accident. It happens to prove your faith which is infinitely more valuable than gold’



Author: Christina O’Neill 

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others



No comments:

Post a Comment