Saturday 4 June 2022

Praise You In This Storm

We need to keep on lifting our hands high and praising God THROUGH the storm and trust that He will give us the strength we need to make it through

jesusful.com
I was listening to the song Praise You in this storm by casting crowns recently, which I haven't heard in a while. I have always liked it, but as I listened to the lyrics, I realised that they fit so perfectly with where I am at in life at the moment. The very first verse talks about expecting God to have reached out and 'saved the day' and yet as we say amen, it's still raining!! It gives this image of a hopeless situation where you just want to cry out, well Lord, where are you? I know you see me. I know you know what I am going through. Why haven't you shown up yet?

Then it goes on to talk about if you listen really hard, you can hear God whispering through your storm "I'm with you" and that is what we need to hold on to. We have these expectations of how God should save us, how He should deal with the tough times we are going through to make our life a little bit easier. But the truth is we just need to trust that God is with us that He sees every tear we cry, that He is with us through it all. We aren't going to always have an easy ride of life but we need to keep our faith. Romans 5:3-4 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

pinterest.com
We need to keep on lifting our hands high and praising God THROUGH the storm and trust that He will give us the strength we need to make it through. He might not always instantly solve all our problems, but He will help us to overcome them if we have enough faith. Luke 17:6 He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.

We also need to remember to encourage one another and lift each other up. It is friendship and fellowship that will keep us going. If others are covering us in prayer, we can be assured that when we don't know how else to pray or don't feel in a place where we can, others are interceding on our behalf. Sometimes a simple act of love - a hug, a smile, a listening ear when you most need can make a big difference. It might mean nothing to us, but everything to the person who is in a difficult place.

As the song went on I was suddenly struck by one particular line, which is also a scripture, Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Suddenly I was just so in awe. I thought to myself, wow! The maker of heaven and earth. The creator of ALL things, is helping me? What more can a person need? He literally made the entire world, everything in existence only exists because of Him. If He is on my side, if He is with me, surely I will be okay!

When life is going well, when it's easy, when we are happy, how simple do we find it to praise God and think He is simply amazing? But He doesn't change. He is the same through all things. He is still amazing even when things are tough, a struggle, heart-breaking and desperate. We just need to remember to praise Him in the storm, because He is who He is, no matter where we are - good or bad. We need to praise, trust and praise some more.


Author: Becky Hunt

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and other

No comments:

Post a Comment