Saturday 31 December 2022

A new day, a new year

Expect great things from God always

wellspringchristianministries.org
The scripture tells us in 1 Samuel 7:12 "then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called it's name Ebenezer, saying thus far the Lord has helped us".

As we see the end of 2022 and look back, what do we see? Monuments to failure/desperate time? Wasted opportunities?

When it comes to our failures, God says in Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins"

When it comes to our wasted opportunities, God says in Joel 2:25 "I will restore to you the years that the swarming locusts has eaten." there are never wasted times with the Lord, He uses it for His purpose.

A wise man said "If we do not learn from the past, we are doomed to repeat it, it's okay to look back and learn, but if we drive and keep looking in the rear view mirror all the time, you'll end up in a ditch. Whether good or bad, don't get stuck in the past."

facebook.com
In Isaiah 43:18-19 "Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old, behold I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth, shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert"

Isaiah 43:2-3 "When you pass through the waters I will be with you and through the rivers they shall not overflow you, when you go through the fire you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you, for I am the Lord your God.

Ecclesiastes 7:10 "Do not say why were the former days better than these?"  

Hebrews 13:8 says "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever" and "God's promises are yes and amen".

As we see changes and uncertainty and challenges in the world and the church today, it is the time when we should let God the father and God the son and the Holy Spirit lead us and have our eyes fixed on Jesus. One of the dangers of growing old is that you become more excited about the past than you are about the future.

In Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope then you will call upon me and go and pray to me and I will listen to you and you will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart.

God has a plan for us in this new year, so hats off for the past year and coats on to the future new year. So let us put our trust and hope in God our father maker and redeemer, who has a plan for us all and so we can wait in expectation for great miracles from Him.

Wishing all a very blessed, joyful, peaceful and prosperous new year. 

Amen



 Author: Herbert Jean

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and other

No comments:

Post a Comment