Sunday 16 August 2015

The Healing power of God through Prayer!

If you or someone you know seems to be in an intolerable situation and you don't know what to do remember that prayer is powerful and indeed can change circumstances and situations if we just remain faithful and trust in His amazing grace.

Source: www.pinterest.com
I remember as clearly as yesterday (it was almost four years ago) a conversation I had with a woman who came into the charity shop I ran. When she came through the doorway I noticed that she looked really upset and downcast.  I stopped what I was doing and asked if she was Okay.  In answer to my query she began sobbing uncontrollably so I went out to make her a cup of tea giving her the opportunity to compose herself enough to be able to share the problem with me. Basically her daughter (aged 31) had been given the news that her cancer had spread and there was nothing else they could do medically for her. They also suggested that the wedding she was going to be having in April should be brought forward to December as it was unlikely she would live until April. Unfortunately her first marriage had broken down and her ex-husband was unwilling to allow their eight year old daughter to be adopted by her husband to be. This meant that this poor woman was not only about to lose her beloved daughter but effectively her grand-daughter as well. 

Source: www.ibosocial.com
As I looked at the pain on this woman's face, as her world seemed to be crashing in around her I was filled with such compassion that I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my own face.  I asked if I could pray for her daughter and the family situation to which she gave an emphatic “Yes please” so in the middle of the shop I did so.  At the end of the prayer I told her that God was capable of healing EVERY sickness and disease however I didn't know what God's plan for her life was so I would commit to pray every day for her and petition God on her behalf until I heard positive news, which I did in faith.  A few months later the woman came in to tell me that some of the tumors had completely disappeared and the remaining one had shrunk to the size of a pea. She showed me the wedding photographs and her daughter looked absolutely beautiful.  This window of opportunity reiterated to me the importance of being available, staying faithful, being ready to give a word in season, and sometimes the need to pray without ceasing until we see a breakthrough.  If you or someone you know seems to be in an intolerable situation and you don't know what to do remember that prayer is powerful and indeed can change circumstances and situations if we just remain faithful and trust in His amazing grace. In John 15: 7-8 Jesus said 'if you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.' To God be the Glory for ever and ever. Amen

Author: Lyn Hunt 

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

3 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! This is awesome! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic , thanks for sharing , and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Peter 5:5 "Be clothed with humility,....for God gives grace to the humble"
    Thanks and regards .

    ReplyDelete