Sunday 16 September 2018

It’s time to be Humble, to Pray and to seek God

The onus is firmly on the Church, that is those who are called by His Name, to humble themselves, to pray, and to seek His face and turn from their wicked ways, and if the Church is prepared to do that, then do it now

Source: Looking for the Blessed Hope
Have you ever heard the saying; ‘First the physical then the spiritual’? Well, I was thinking about the things that are currently happening in the World, the very long bad winter with all the none-stop rain, then the hot summer with all the sunshine and bush fires going on all around the World including the UK and it struck me that maybe God was trying to show us something, especially His Church. I was talking with a friend about these things when he told me about a prophesy that had been given this year regarding the things that have been going on, and the warning that God had given through it. When I read it, I realised that unless we take heed and act quickly, the church especially, then we could find ourselves in a great deal of trouble. Before I continue here’s the prophesy that was given:

‘I am sharing this word (12/13 March 2018) with you for your information, prayers and support. Now, prepare for a drought. This will be the worst since 1976. There will be very high temperatures and prolonged periods of heat. There will be water shortages and restrictions. This will have most impact on farmers, the elderly, infirm and unwell’.

‘You will recall last year I brought a word about a bad winter and I am sure you will agree that we have had a bad winter. The key elements for me were the bad weather and illnesses. Were people prepared? – no, and did they heed the warnings? – no. So, the word now is important since it signifies that the drought follows on from the previous trial, the bad winter. What is this all about? God said to me that it was; another trial for the nation. Brexit was the first trial, the bad winter the second and this drought is now the third. God asks, ‘are you ready to repent and turn to him?’. Deuteronomy 11:13-17 and 2 Chronicles 7:14 are relevant especially the phrase ‘if my people’ in 2 Chronicles 7:14’.

‘I have to say that I did hesitate with this word because it seemed to me to be going against what others have said about the year 2018 and that there are people actively praying for revival and for a time of turning for our nation. So, I inquired of God, ‘will your people not be discouraged by this word?’ God said to me firstly that the people had not thanked him for the abundance of water he had sent over the winter. Secondly, he had heard people’s prayers but it was not enough. So, what can we do? Well, 2 Chronicles 7:14 is clear ‘If my people, who are called by my Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways…..’. I also think it is time to spread the word. God Bless’ - Paul

Source: Quotes Daily
The thing that saddened me about the prophesy was the fact that no one had thanked God, and that our prayers were not enough. In this country, we are good at moaning about the weather, ‘It’s too hot, It’s too cold’ it’s too wet’ etc. We are all so caught up in our own little World at times, thinking about what we want, what makes us happy, what gives us pleasure that we forget that without God we would have nothing. We often don’t think about those less fortunate than ourselves and what we could do to help them, our attitude is that we want to be served, but we’re not willing to serve. We are called as Christians to Serve God first and then one another, to love God first and then one another, as He loved us. We are called to live as bond servants of Christ. You see prayers are not enough, we need to follow our prayers with actions. James 2:18-20 says; ‘But someone will say, You have faith; I have deeds. Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?’

From the prophesy above it is quite clear that the onus is firmly on the Church, that is those who are called by His Name, to humble themselves, to pray, and to seek His face and turn from their wicked ways, and if the Church is prepared to do that, then do it now, Then the promise that follows in that same scripture in 2 Chronicles 7:14 is this; ‘then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land’. If not, then the Church will be held accountable and who knows what the outcome of that will be? It’s not a question of ‘should we humble ourselves, seek His face, turn and repent’, it’s a call by God Himself for us to do so, it’s a command. We could therefore say, that if we don’t we will be walking in disobedience to His call, and that will bring with it devastating consequences. So, if you’ve read this far then you can’t say you didn’t know, and the question then is, what are you going to do about it? I guess that another question we could ask ourselves is, ‘Do we really love God?John 14:21Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.’

God is showing us the signs, He is giving us the prophesies, He is crying out to us through all His creation and I believe He is saying, ‘Let them that have ears to hear, listen to what the Spirit is saying to the Churches’. We are living in a time of great blessing, a time like never before in history and I believe God is about to do something in our land that has never been seen before, but with it comes great responsibility. So, are we ready?

Whatever happens; to God be all the Glory, Honour and Praise now and forevermore. Amen.

May God bless you, and give you eyes to see and ears to hear.


Author: Kevin Hunt

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

4 comments:

  1. 2 Chronicles 7:14 'If my people, who are called by my Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways…..’. . This is a scripture that keeps coming back time and time again at our fellowship and it is clear that God is trying to get out attention. The scripture starts with the word 'if', which means we are given a choice. We need to decide 'if' we will humble ourselves, seek His face and turn to Him and if we do the scripture then goes onto show us our reward if we are obedient; 'then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land'. May we not just hear what God is trying to tell us but to be obedient and to act upon it. Thank you for this blessing this morning. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Blessing of the blog. ALL the Glory to God ALWAYS. Two challenging questions asked in the blog,
    Firstly, What are we going to do about it?
    And secondly
    Do we really love God?
    How we answer those questions this morning could be a matter of eternal life or eternal death!
    God help us to truly humble and take time to be still and know that you are God. Amen
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this important blog today. Prayer is one of the most important things a Christian can do , it is a time we are communicating with God and it should be taken very seriously .
    JOHN BUNYAN 1628--1628 (This says it all really )
    "The truths that i know Best , i have learned on my knees , i never knew a thing well, till it is burned into my heart by prayer AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the words today reminds the church if we humble ourselves and prayer guided by the holy spirit we will see change in our land and the world church need to wake up and be obey the challenge may the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all Amen

    ReplyDelete