Monday 17 June 2019

God never leaves us or forsakes us

It is important to hold on to the hope, faith, belief that God is right there by our side every step of the way and whether it takes days, months or even years God will reveal wonderful and amazing miracles and blessings in our lives.

Related imageGod never leaves us or forsakes us, even when we go through times where we feel all alone, God is there we just need to reach out and take hold of Him, rest in His peace and love for us.

God does all things for our good and looks out for us 'Romans 8:28 
'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'



Last year I went through a very hard and dark place. At the beginning of the year we got the news that my mom was poorly which came completely out of the blue and threw me. For the next 9 months the doctors spent time messing her about and not taking into consideration her feelings and desires for treatment. During that time I became increasingly angry and distressed, I wanted to shake and scream at these, so called health professionals. I felt so helpless and completely fed up and as a result I slipped into a depression that I couldn't shake for about 4 months and felt as though I would never feel normal again, let alone joyful.

To make matters worse, our only friend where we live found out she had cancer again. In her case the doctors acted quickly and she had treatment and was recovering in no time. With my mom having surgery as well it finally felt like there was some hope after all.

Within a matter of weeks my friend told me that she was feeling poorly and eventually was rushed into hospital for emergency surgery, she started to recover, but then took a turn for the worse at which point the doctors felt there was not much more they could do and within a matter of days she was gone.

The one comfort in all of this was how at peace she was, she felt ready to be with the Lord and was even excited to have the opportunity to be with the Lord if it was her time, praise God for her faithfulness and love of God.

As we came into this year I felt a cloud still lingering over us and asked my husband if this year would be more of the same - difficult and miserable.
Image result for small free christian images of hopeMoments later we came to discover that I was pregnant, something the doctors told me 5-6 years earlier would likely never happen for us naturally. The only thing that had gotten me through that time of grief was the true belief that God knew the bigger picture of my life and if parenthood wasn't the plan for our lives then that was the best way, how it was supposed to be! And if not, nothing could stop God from making it happen, like He showed us many times in His word. In fact, when I found out I happened to be reading the following

'Genesis 18, 10-14 Then one of them said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son."
Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. Abraham and Sarah were already very old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?"
Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son."'

I have to be honest I felt the same, is this real? I'm too old! But praise and thanks to God who blessed us with this miracle.

Sometimes we don't know why things happen in our lives the way they do and sometimes we have to go through hard and painful experiences. It is important to hold on to the hope, faith, belief that God is right there by our side every step of the way and whether it takes days, months or even years God will reveal wonderful and amazing miracles and blessings in our lives. Sometimes when we least expect it and sometimes at the end of some of our most difficult journeys to refresh our hearts and give us a renewed sense of hope.



Author: Rebekah Cronk

Reckless love - Cory Asbury (official lyric video)

1 comment:

  1. This blog brings to mind Psalm 23. it's when we walk through the dark times that God is with us His Staff and Rod comforting us. He is a God of miracles and we should never give up believing, He is able to do even the things we're told will never happen. If it's in God's plan then it's already happened. Be blessed Thank you.

    ReplyDelete