Friday 28 June 2019

The Lord, HE is my Shepherd.

Psalm 23 along with 1 Corinthians 13 is probably one of the most well know scripture in the bible known by non-Christians, and probably one of the least used scriptures by Christians in spiritual warfare.

A while ago I was asking God what He wanted me to speak on at our Fellowship and He gave me Psalm 23. As I’d spoken on that Psalm before I thought this was from me and did nothing else with it at that time.
About a week later I was in a prayer meeting with three other people and as one of them was praying the Lord challenged me to speak out loud Psalm 23 three times when I got up in the morning for the next week, I then shared this with the others and challenged them to do the same thing.
As I started to do this, I began to realise that this Psalm was one of the most powerful scriptures Christians could use in spiritual warfare, and the more I thought about it the more I wanted to proclaim it, and the more I proclaimed it the more I believed what I was proclaiming. I mean think about it, Almighty God, Creator of Heaven and Earth, the Great I AM, the Saviour of the world, Messiah, The Lamb of God, Jesus etc, etc. He is my Shepherd. WOW!
The Lord then showed me that the reason this is one of the most powerful scriptures Christians can use in spiritual warfare is because every verse has the names of the LORD (YAHWEH), so as you speak this out you are proclaiming to the spiritual forces in the heavenly realms the Names of God.
                                                    zazzle.com
Image result for SMALL CHRISTIAN IMAGES THE lORD IS MY SHEPHERDHere is what I mean:

Psalm 23
The Lord is my Shepheard (Yahweh Roi – The Lord is my Shepherd)
I shall not want (Yahweh Jireh – The Lord will Provide)
2 He makes me lie down in Green Pastures (Yahweh Shalom – The Lord is Peace)
3 He restores my soul (Yahweh Rapha – The Lord that Heals) 
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His Names sake (Yahweh Tsidkenu – The Lord our Righteousness)
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me (Yahweh Shammah – The Lord is There)
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (Yahweh Macadesh – The Lord who Sanctifies)
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Yahweh Nissi – The Lord is our Banner)(The Banner over us is Love).
kigifts.com.au
Related imagePsalm 23 along with 1 Corinthians 13 is probably one of the most well know scripture in the bible known by non-Christians, and probably one of the least used scriptures by Christians in spiritual warfare. It’s also been one of the most popular scriptures read and songs sung at a lot of people’s 
funerals. Why you may ask? Well I believe God has allowed it to be, because of the power in its words, but as the world and particularly the UK becomes more and more secular, I also believe it will become less and less popular in non-Christian funerals, for the same reason I’ve given for it becoming popular.
I’d like to challenge you to do the same challenge God gave me, and that is to speak out loud three times every morning the 23rd Psalm for at least one week. My week was finished a while ago and I’m still doing it.
Remember: ‘our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms’. (Ephesians 6:10-12) So start proclaiming the Word of God into the atmosphere, and send the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms running as far away from you as possible.
Psalm 23 reminds me that I’m a child of God Most High (El Elyon), and He is my Father, my Lord, my King and my Shepherd.

Be blessed.

Author: Kevin Hunt

1 comment:

  1. Thanks admin for sharing this amazing post! It is really hard to follow culture in these busy day's. Again thanks.

    roman cassock

    ReplyDelete