Saturday 24 June 2023

Judge No More

He takes us by the hand and leads us through the toughest times ahead with a huge helping of grace, love and forgiveness. 

LetterPile
I think sometimes as a Christian you can fall into a trap of being judgemental. I know that I have been that way sometimes. Not intentionally, but when you hear something that seems to not fit with the bible, I feel like an inner voice is tutting and thinking 'but aren't they a Christian' it's not a conscious thing, kind of involuntary, but definitely something to keep in check. Who are we to judge anyone? Especially as we are human and subject to making ridiculous mistakes ourselves.  “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (Luke 6:37NIV)

This brings me to the guilt and fear that I have found myself in. Making terrible mistakes and knowing that I absolutely can't tell anyone because what would they think of me. But the guilt of my mistakes and fear of being judged and shunned have actually led to further mistakes. 

After years of being haunted by my own stupidity and inability to feel like I was worth forgiving or loving and many other thoughts that came from my actions, I told someone everything fully expecting them to be shocked and ashamed of me. Instead, they told me they weren't ashamed, that they were in no position to judge, especially as they weren’t perfect and were subject to making mistakes themselves, and they loved me!! For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (Matthew 6:14 NIV) It bought a sense of peace and clarity that while I condemned myself, God could still love and forgive me. 

Devoted To you
I now find myself in a horrible position where I am getting a divorce, something I never thought would happen and completely against God's word right? So, people will judge me and think less of me. But I have been overwhelmed by experiencing the exact opposite, I have had love, support, prayers and a real sense of peace and God being with me through it, despite the circumstances. Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (1 John 4:7-8 NIV).

Because God is good all the time, ALL the time in all situations, He doesn't abandon us or stop loving us because we mess up. He takes us by the hand and leads us through the toughest times ahead with a huge helping of grace, love and forgiveness. 

Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are Mine. 2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 3 For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour. (Isaiah 43:1-3 NLT).


Author: Rebekah Cronk

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

No comments:

Post a Comment