Saturday 3 June 2023

Seek and know the will of God our Father in all we do

Rejoicing, praying and giving thanks, puts us in the active hub of God's perfect will

theconsecratedwoman.com
Nothing matters more than seeking, recognising and walking in God's will, for when we don't know His will, it will be a real source of insecurity, whereas knowing we're walking in 'His will' enables us to overcome/rise above the challenges life throws at us.

The question is, is it God's intention for us to know 'His will'? Yes or no? If no - why bother searching?

Let his word settle the issue once and for all. Seek His will in all we do, (...your will be done...Matthew 6:10). and He will show you which path to take (Proverbs 3:6), there is no vagueness there. The Lord directs the steps of the godly, He delights in every detail of their lives, (Psalm 37:23-24). God's will addresses even our smallest concerns.

Let's consider some practical bible principles. There's no room for '2 will's. If we want God's will, we must be prepared to surrender our own will.

Jesus said in John 5:30 "By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."

Will's frequently clash so there are choices we must make and maintain, if we truly desire to walk in obedience to God.

Going a little further, He fell with his face to the ground and prayed "my father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." (Matthew 26:39)

Begin our search by surrendering our will then focus our heart and mind on God and His enlightening word. Once we accept that He is the leader and we are the follower, it's a lot easier to say, what Psalm 40:8 I delight to do your will oh my God and your law is within my heart.

amazon.com
Pray that you may know God's will and to live in an attitude of prayer, be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Rejoicing, praying and giving thanks, puts us in the active hub of God's perfect will, regular communication with God sharpens our senses and fine tunes our ability to distinquish/hear his voice from all other voices. (Psalm 29:3,4,5,7,8,9).

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good spirit lead me on level ground. (Psalm 143:10)

I believe we need to be in God's presence more than ever before and to hear/recognise his voice daily. I want to conclude with a conversation between God and Moses in Exodus 33:12-15&19.

Moses said to the lord, "you have been telling me, 'lead these people,' but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, 'I know you by name and you have found favor with me.' If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people."  The lord replied, "my presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Then Moses said to him, "if your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here..." and the lord said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence.  I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion..."

May the Lord bless you with his perfect peace, understanding, and will as you read this blog in Jesus name, Amen.



Author: Herbert Jean

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

No comments:

Post a Comment